Monday, April 21, 2008

It is over !!!!!

Yes yes yes....it is finally over. Thru with the 6 chemo cycles and back home. Bit of an anticlimax really as I have been waiting and waiting for this day so much that now am at a loose end believe it or not. Cant decide how to feel :-)....just waiting to recover this week and then I should be back in Delhi by 2nd week of May for some tests and radiation etc. What a journey it has been. Rushing to kol overnight with just some 6 sets of clothes, surgery, ICU, cnfusion over diagnosis, chemo, infections etc etc ....cannot believe what all I experienced in these few months. Overriding of course remains the thoughts of family, sister, brother in law,mom, Zahir, dad and Zoya's constant presence and love, rally of friends and strangers, colleagues and casual acquaintances...met so many incredible people. Cannot wait to be back to my life and get back with things............needed this experience also i suppose to appreciate what I have much more !!!Catch u all later with more updates on this 'golden" period. Thanks again to all who are reading my blog and posting comments. feels wonderful that am in ure thoughts and prayers

2 comments:

Reena said...

Congratulations Amrita..I cant tell you how desperately I was waiting for this email from you :) Was checking your blog everyday. I will call soon...abhi asthma attack hua hain so I back on steroids etc and my throat hurts when I talk..so will call as soon as the pretnizone kicks in.

Love you,
Reena

sramana said...

bhou.....u have always been an outstanding individual n though we've never really been able to spend much time tog not a yr has gone by that i did not remember ur bday on the 17th of may!!!i guess theres something which has always drawn me to u .....i was totally unaware of whatever has been happening all this while...got to learn from sreeru n reshmi...wish to talk to u soon......all i can say is i m so proud to be ur friend...reading thru ur writings made me realise how precious even the smallest n most easily available things in life are.....u were always a fighter and i admire u for that!!!do call me if u ever feel like talking to an old friend....leaving my no....9836000852.....sramana