Thursday, April 3, 2008

Buls goes back

I came back on Sunday after the 5th chemo. Was a very smooth and short experience and except for some nursing glitches went well. Have been feeling fine physically as well. Yesterday Buls went back to the US after a wonderful stay of 2.5 months. Feeling quite low since then. Her stay was so good that we are all feeling totally empty in the house and suddenly conversations have ceased. All my life I have been the responsible elder sister to her and have been her protective, disapproving elder sibling. So much so that she used to say if she ever went to jail she would call Zahir for bail and never call me !!! In this visit of hers I felt totally different. I felt she was the elder sister and she took on the role of totally mothering me and spoiling me. Not only medically keeping a hawk's eye on the progress of my treatment but emotionally supporting me each step of the way. Encouraging me to be so postive and upbeat and strong and keeping close eye on what I wanted to do, cooking for me and entertaining me . It seems I totally lost my ability to think and used to rely on her for the simplest of decisions .I keep thinking of the endless ludo and scrabble sessions, midnite movies at Thakurpukur and endless discussions on alll topics under the sun. What I so regret that perhaps we will both never get this time back as visits in future will be always full of things to do and much shorter in duration.Her visit was what so me through the most difficult phase of my treatment these months in such a comfortable and beautiful way.........how do you thank your sweet little younger sister for that? Will miss you darling Buls

2 comments:

Reena said...

Dear Amrita- Glad to know it all went well. I hope you got my email from a couple of weeks back. Your post made me very teary- I feel the same for my sisters too so I exactly know how you are feeling. Yes, sisters are the best friends in the whole wide world. I bet you she must be feeling worse as she comes back to a barren place with no relatives at all. At least yoy guys have some (and you cant win on this topic!). I know she will get very busy with her job, but still she will always be mentally calculating 'what time it is in India now, and what everything at home must be doing at that time...
Life!!!!

Lots of love Reena

Unknown said...

Dear Amrita, Not sure if you know me. I am Rajat's Wife. Rajat and Zahir went to college to gether. I was reading your entire blog. I am so glad ur 5th chemo went well. You are in our prayers and really hoping you get well soon so that when we visit india next all of us can meet. The last time rajat told me he met Zahir and Amrita and I was I missed them. Cutee to read Zoya is talking..she is adorable. Take care.