Tuesday, April 15, 2008

At Last

Am ready to check in for my last chemo on Friday. Cannot believe it is almost going to be over. When I started in January it seemed such a long way off. But time just flew. So many wonderful things have happened in the last 3 months with friends and family get togethers. On monday was Bengali New Year and my uncle and aunt who were visiting told me that they hoped it would be a very good year for me as the last year had gone so badly. Believe me for a moment I could not understand what they were talking about. I did not remember that it had been a bad year. Sure it had its ups and downs and I guess more downs than ups but in the end of the day all that mattered was that it was coming to its conclusion. I am sure I can look forward to a much better time in the months to come and think of getting back to my house in delhi, putting Zoya to school there and going for a family vacation. it is so great that so many people are reading my blog and posting comments wishing me well. I am so lucky....will b ewriting again after am back from the hospital.....

2 comments:

Reena said...

My best wishes are with you Amrita. You will fly through this one too :)

Love,
me

Anonymous said...

Hey Amri. As ever after speaking to you last...was swamped into the daily rigmarole of life...was chugging along with the constant stream of things to do...repair.... acquire ... (you are often in my thoughts even in the midst of this chaos)....and then by chance, saw this link in Zahir's facebook wall. I am still amazed by your strength and the depth of yout thoughts and feelings ...it is one of the most inspiring things that I have come across in recent times. While I have absolutely no apprehensions about your coming through this phase (it is a given)...it is because of what you are inside...I am amazed at the way the last post affected me...I think because didi and I are two sisters and very close I can feel exactly what you meant when you wrote about Buls....Love you lots...give my kissies to Zoya.... and her's to you ...to the bravest woman I know - hats off!!!!