Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What next ??

Writing after ages. The last 2 weeks passed in a maze of confusion as we did the rounds of hospitals and doctors in delhi and Mumbai to get a definitive opinion on the next course o treatment. Was telling Zahir that I think every hospital in India will soon have a file in my name. Buls calls me the international patient as there are files of me in US too !!!We decided to go in for a Stem cell transplant eventually as that is the most comprehensive cure. Was feeling very concerned about how we would drum up sufficient resources for meeting the expenses. But we had little to worry about as without even having to voice it my brother, sister, parents, friends are standing by with money to get us through this. What an amazing support system I have. seriously I feel sometimes what have I done to deserve this. We are so blessed. As of now I am going in for a biopsy tomorrow and depending on the results will decide on next course. The only solace is the doctor who would be operating on me has himself recovered fully from this same disease 12 years back and is an example to me !!

No comments: