Saturday, January 5, 2008

My fist day of Chemo

finally i got admitted in the famed thakurpukur cancer care home on the 4th of jan 08 and was immediately put into hyderation. Though the place sucks and I hate every inch here. Zahir ran up and down for 20 times to get medicines amd other items for the impending chemo. The arrangements for tomorrows chemo was also done with the Rosche lab people in Kolkata.

today is 5th jan 08 and its our 6th marriage anniversary. I rememeber the day when my father in law had declared immediately after ou marriage that we wont last even 6 months, now we are 6th year old. Today is also the start of my fight to get this demon out of me...and i know its gonna be over soon.

Unlike other families, today we wont be going out for any dinner or holidays, we wont even get a chance to see our kid, no fancy dinners or party...we will spend the day, just watching the drug go in drip by drip and kill one germ after another and take me that much closure to being fine and healthy...

3 comments:

alphakilo said...

Hang in there, Nechi. You are doing a GREAT job. I have seen first-hand what chemos are like, and while undergoing them is difficult, the result is positive and wonderful. You are a fighter, and I know that you'll come out a winner. We all know that. Love you.

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary both of you. Its sad that you have to spend it in a hospital. But look at the brighter side, both of you are together and fighting it out, what anniversary could be better than renewing your marriage vows?

Subrata Bhaumik said...

What can I say? I was having an almost running commentary with Zahir, from the time it started, till it was over. It is as much an experience for me, as it is for you. I hope that Thakurpukur Cancer Home has monitored the entire operation well and you will not mind coming back to the same place for the next ones.