Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Why me

Last couple of days I have been having some "why me " moments. It is heartening to read Babai's comments on how much of a positive spirit I have but sometimes I get engulfed by feelings of why am I suffering so much. I am in a situation where my job which meant so much to me has all but gone and I have a new mean Boss who is not being so nice to me...I am not in a position most of the time to even take my daughter in the lap and play with her and most of the time I have to grit my teeth and bear the pain of injections and reactions to medicines etc etc.I miss my home, my bed , my nice clothes, I miss my hair, I miss going out to eat and watching movies in the hall. With all the good things that are also happening around me I know I need to tell myself that this too shall pass but honestly it becomes very very difficult to reconcile with that. I am reading Lance Armstrong's autobiography where he talks about dealing with cancer and I can identfy with it in so many ways.....but truly is this the most life changing experience for me ? Is surviving cancer going to be the single biggest achievement for me ? Is the quota of suffering and disease going to be over once i get through this ? I wonder...............

No comments: