Monday, February 11, 2008

Funday Sunday

This weekend was great fun. I came back from the hospital on Saturday and on Sunday buls and Soumya came over. We had a blast. Chatting endlessly and catching up. Lunch was sumptuous and after many days I entered the kitchen and made a salad which everyone proclaimed was "delicious". In the evening we all ie Zoya, Zahir, myself, Buls and Soumya went out for a drive. It was an amazing experience for me to get out of the house for just a pleasure drive instead of hospitals and doctor visits. We bought wine and kababs and biriyani had a great party in the evening in the house. The opening of the wine bottle itself was a hilarious episode with bottle openers that broke, screwdrivers and mom's kitchen scissors which were all put to good use :-). But alls well that ends well and the wine was finally consumed albeit with bits of cork to enhance the taste. As I went to sleep that nite I realised for the first time that on that day I had not thought about being sick the whole day and for quite a while I had actually forgotten that I was ill. It was such a wonderful day and I just hope and pray for more of such occasions to come back in my life. I miss it so much.................

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Next time you need a wine screw give me a call :).

Subrata Bhaumik said...

You are an amazing person, for someone who had undergone a 7 hour surgey just 90 days back, been in a ventilator for 5 days and 9 days in an ICU. You are amazing not only for the ailment, for which you are currently undergoing treatment, but for the sheer attitude you are exhibiting towards life. Never give up. God bless you.